What is it?
A how-to video for putting together our Spill Some Ink mini-book, filled with creative writing prompts to flip through and use on the go.
This mini-book's prompts encourage writers to look around in whatever space they're in to generate new ideas, and thus, the prompts continue to provide fresh material
Direct link: https://youtu.be/wnevVoM2Wxc
This on-the-go writing prompt book makes any outing into a creative adventure!
Play your way past perfect as you put together this mini book. It’s a bit of a puzzle, but the video will guide you step-by-step. It shouldn’t take more than ten minutes to make, and when you’re done, you’ll have a pocket-sized book filled with prompts that adapt to your environment, such as “Choose three nearby items. Use all three in a short story or poem.”
- a printer
- the interior page of the book printed double-sided
- the cover printed on thick paper
- one piece of regular white paper
- (if possible) one piece of white card stock
- double-sided tape or reliable glue
1. Download and print the interior of the book.
Print page one, and then feed the page through your printer again to print the second side. Make sure to feed the page correctly, so that neither page is upside down.
2. Download and print the cover. If possible, use card stock or thick paper for the cover.
3. Fold, cut, and assemble the interior pages.If you’re feeling puzzled, or you just want step-by-step instructions, watch the video.
4. Make sure the folds line up so the pages turn properly. You will likely have to fold some pages the opposite way before taping the interior pages to the cover.
5. Use your tape or glue to attach the interior pages to the cover. The pages that are supposed to be attached are labeled.
How’d you do?(Gold star if you stared your perfectionist in the face along the way and kept on going!)